- Member of the Graduate Program in Automation and Systems Engineering (Capes level 6 [of 7]).
- General Coordinator of the UFSC Print Institutional Program of Industry/Automation 4.0.
- Research Leader of GSIGMA (Group of Intelligent Manufacturing Systems ∑ Collaborative Networks).
- Post-doctorate in Collaborative Innovation at Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia, 2014-2015.
- PhD in Eletrical Engineering at the School of Science and Technology, New University of Lisbon, UNINOVA Institute, in Robotics & Integrated Manufacturing Systems Lisbon, Portugal, 1997.
- Specialization on Artificial Intelligence in Manufacturing at the School of Science and Technology, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, UNINOVA Institute, Lisbon, Portugal, 1989.
- Bachelor in Computer Science from the Federal University of Santa Catarina, Florianópolis (SC), 1984.
Fields of expertise and Publications:
- Collaborative Networked Organizations (Virtual Organizations/Enterprises, Supply Chain Management & Integrated Logistics, Industrial/Ogrnization Clusters, Breeding Environments for Virtual Enterprises).
- Industry 4.0 (including models for Small and Medium Enterprises).
- Digital Transformation 4.0 methodologies.
- Models for the integration & interoperation of information, processes and systems in single and networked enterprises.
- Digital business ecosystems, innovation processes and maturity models
- Service Oriented Architecture – SOA.
- Business and Innovation models for Software-as-a-Service – SaaS.
- Business Process Management (BPM) and SOA Integration.
- Modeling and management of information and industrial/business processes.
- Performance Evaluation with simulation of industrial/business systems and processes.
- Artificial Intelligence: multi-agent industrial systems and intelligent softbots.
- Responsible for the elaboration of the fundamental text of the Brazilian National Strategy for Industry 4.0.
- Published 30 articles in specialized journals and 140 papers in conferences, 18 book chapters, 1 book and 3 special issues of international indexed journals, with approximately 2 thousand citations.
- Currently supervising 3 PhD and 6 master’s students. Concluded supervision of 3 post-doctorate researchers, 11 Ph.D. thesis, 23 M.Sc. thesis, and more than 80 undergraduate final projects, in the areas of Automation Engineering, Computer Science and Production Engineering (See more in Supervision)
- Acted as technical coordinator in 17 applied research projects, including many from Europe, between 1996 and 2018.
- CNPq Research Productivity Fellow from 2011 to 2016.
- Member of SOCOLNET – Society of Collaborative Networks.
- UFSC representative in ACATE’s group of manufacturing companies (Vertical Manufacturing, in the Catarinense Technology Association).
- Ad-hoc advisor for regional and national funding agencies and industrial/business associations.
- Member of Lean Analytics Association.
- Collaborating columnist for the CIMM (Metal Mechanics Information Center) website portal, in the areas of Industry 4.0 and Innovation.
- Guest specialist in 2020 for the World Manufacturing Forum in the field of Artificial Intelligence in Industry 4.0.
- Formal member of the international technical committees in the following Working Groups: IFIP 5.5 (Collaborative Networks and Virtual Enterprises), IFIP 5.7 (Advanced Production & Management Systems) and IFIP 5.12 (Architectures for Enterprise Integration); IFAC 5.3 (Enterprise Architecture); and IEEE Industrial Agents.
- Consultant on Computer Aided Manufacturing Systems (CAM) development at Grucon / Department of Mechanical Engineering – UFSC, between 1983 and 1986, providing advisory to clients such as Manessmann, Mecânica Pesada, Saint Gobain / Vidraçaria Santa Marina, Volkswagen, Ford and Nuclebrás.
- Chief of CAM Division for systems development & automation at Mercedez-Benz do Brasil S.A., São Bernardo do Campo (SP), from 1986 to 1989.
|Curriculum Lattes (Brazilian Platform)||Short CV|
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-5488-3692